Successful businesses have an integrated marketing strategy. Just think of the reasons why you buy a specific product or service. Most likely some sort of marketing was involved, like a Facebook ad or a commerical on television. No matter if you connect planners with meeting facilities or sell ketchup, an integrated marketing plan is a must, which is why we wanted to take a second and discuss proven strategies for developing one.
An integrated marketing plan consists of blending online and offline marketing strategies implemented in the most cost-effective manner and providing the greatest return on investment (ROI). These strategies could include social media ads, email campaigns, print brochures, direct mail, and more. Blending these online and offline strategies is important because you really want to reach as many people as possible. Although digital marketing strategies may be used to attract younger audiences, those over 40 may prefer traditional offline methods.
Of course, when developing an integrated marketing plan, cost is going to be a factor. Not only will you want to choose the best marketing strategies to reach your intendend audience, but also strategies that are cost-effective. A good ROI is about 20 times what you invested in the marketing strategies.
So what are some things you should be doing in order to develop a successful integrated marketing plan? Our own Chuck Salem spoke about this exact topic in a video we released earlier this year. Here are some of his main points that can help tell your brand’s story and educate the public on a new product or service:
- Harvest Data through Email Lists, Vendor Relationships, Past Customers, Corporate Lists and More
- Make Yourself Findable Through SEO, Lead Generation Strategies, and Social Media Marketing
- Create an Effective Website that Tells Your Company’s Story and Provides Users with Critical Information in an Easy to Access Manner
- Highlight the Features, Benefits, and Advantages of Your Products and Services
- Produce Engaging Video Content Relevant to Your Targeted Audience
- Utilize Paid Advertising through Google AdWords, Facebook Promotion, and Local/Regional Media
- Share Content Regularly about Your Company Like Recent Hires, Awards, and Testimonials
- Be Social on All Platforms that Make Sense Including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Various Blogs
- Offer First-Time Discounts and Perks to Convince People to Take a Shot on You
- Implement Pre-Sales and Loyalty Programs to Attract New Customers and Retain Old Ones
Although these are not the only ways to create an integrated marketing plan, we encourage you try these strategies out to grow your business.
Original Blog Credit: https://www.uniquevenues.com/blog/tips-developing-successful-integrated-marketing-plan